This chicken française recipe is famous in French restaurants. It showcases a thick, buttery lemon sauce that is rich and full of flavor. It is a warming winter dish. It can also be made with chicken thighs if you don't like chicken breasts, but you will need to extend the simmering time.
55ml olive oil
salt & black pepper to taste
4 chicken breasts
3 eggs, beaten
113ml white wine 🍾
113ml chicken stock
20ml lemon juice 🍋
50g butter 黄油
2g fresh parsley, chopped 🌿
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. whisk together the flour 🧂 salt and pepper.
3. dip the chicken breasts into the flour mixture, making sure the entire surface of the chicken is covered. Shake off any excess flour. Quickly dip the chicken in the egg 🥚
4. Place the prepared chicken in the hot oil and sear the chicken breasts for 2 - 3 minutes on each side 🔥 until the meat is cooked through and golden brown. Remove the chicken pieces and drain the surface. Wrap in tinfoil and keep warm.
5. Pour out the remaining oil in the pan. Over medium heat, pour in the white wine 🍾 chicken stock and lemon juice and stir the bottom of the pan.
6. add the butter, parsley, salt and pepper to the pan over medium heat. Let the sauce simmer and thicken just enough to cover the back of a spoon.
7. Sieve the sauce, pour it into a clean pan, add the chicken in the lemon sauce 🍋 Let it heat up for a minute, turning once.
8. Plate the chicken. Drizzle with the sauce and serve immediately 🍽